Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thursday Morning Randoms

  • Seagate employees have told me that their Wuxi plant will be closed for two days next week because they have had fewer orders. But no one is getting laid off.
  • I saw two accidents on my ride to work Thursday morning. First, I saw that a small truck with box had collided with an electric bike. The bike was smashed up but I saw no cyclist on the ground. The truck had made a wrong turn into a one-way road. I then saw that a car had rear-ended a taxi. The drivers were screaming at each other although the taxi driver was probably screaming more.
  • Tony went to bed very early last night. My wife said he went to bed at eight PM. He was a happy camper this morning. But, a little too happy for us. He has a mischievous smile sometimes.
  • Today, I wore five layers on my bike ride to work.
  • The wife has put on the heater for the first time. We have air conditioner units in the living room and the second bedroom (soon to be Tony's room).
  • I am always asking students if they have children. Finally, I talked to a student who has a boy the same age as Tony: 15 months. Marcia is her name and I hope she reads this. Marcia tells me she has ambitions to be a novelist.
  • Terry, one of our trainers, just told me he had two inches of water in his kitchen, but from what he doesn't know. But we don't think it is frozen pipes. But this is the sort of thing that happens in China all the time.

No comments: