Monday, November 24, 2008

The Christmas awareness season has begun in Wuxi.

I was taking the #25 bus from Yangqiao to downtown Wuxi this afternoon when I saw a Merry Christmas sign being posted over the entrance of a swank hotel next to Baoli. I looked at my watch and saw that it was November 24: Christmas and my birthday are a month away. It was the first time in my four years in Wuxi that a commercial establishment had reminded me that Christmas was coming. Lordy! Lordy! I have been in China a long time!

Tony has taken to attacking things with his head. When you watch WTU #231, you will see him headbutting my chest and a dining chair. He has genetically picked up a habit from my teenage angst days.

This is will a record month for AKIC blogspot. I have already established a new monthly high for visitors. Within the next 24 hours, I should also establish a page view record. And with five days to in the month, I will blow away my old records. Thanks to the rare visitors to this site, and to the even more rare regular visitors. I will keep thinking of ways to get myself in trouble with the law and the expat community here so stay tuned as they say.

Three foreigners walk into a bar in Wuxi. They sit down for thirty seconds and then quickly leave. Another expat witnesses this and asks the bar owner what was up. The owner said the foreigners were looking for sex and realized that they couldn't find it in that pub.

This evening, I went to Littel Fuse aka Concorde Semiconductors to participate in the opening ceremony of the English training program HyLite will conduct there.

I had a seat on the bus today and I was able to continue reading the Big 0's Audacity of Hope. One more chapter to go in it and I can read some more substantial fare like western novels by Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour.

Speaking of Gray, the Calgary Stampeders won the Grey Cup game beating the Montreal Alouettes 22-14. The Grey Cup is Canada's version of Australia's Grand Final.

From Seablogger, Taiwan is trying the Bush approach; Mainland China is trying the Obama approach to economic stimulation.

Who killed JFK? LHO did acting alone. The motive: LHO was a waif who craved fame as well as a Castro sympathizer. The magic bullet theory is true when you take into account the positions of Connelly and the President at the time of the shooting. No one came forward to say they saw a shooter from the front till three or four years after the assassination.

No comments: