Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Interesting Sights on My Electric Bike Ride to Work.

When I saw a man sleeping, on a mat he had laid out on a median, while I was on the way to work, I said to myself that it was an interesting thing to report in my blog. I also said to myself that I can make the excuse that I thought it was prying into people's privacy if I took a photo.

And I then saw something more interesting, much more interesting. As I approached this intersection I saw a crowd of people and a traffic jam. That could mean only thing: accident. As I got closer to the intersection, I saw a truck, with a long trailer, was flipped on its' side. The truck was in a strange place to be in the particular intersection because it was directly facing a center median. I couldn't even begin to guess what the driver had done to get into the position. And I saw no evidence of a collision with another vehicle. To get through the traffic jam caused by the flipped-over truck, I did what the Chinese always do, I did the every-man-for-himself thing and got through very quickly.

No comments: