Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Busy Tuesday. Jenny and Tony are back!


  • A busy Tuesday for me. I had to make sure the apartment was all clean and organized for my wife who was to come back from Beixing today. I made sure everything was in its place. I washed all the dishes. At school, they have my head spinning with all sorts of things that a head trainer has to deal with. But is it what a day at AKIC is all about.
  • My wife and son are back. She was a little tense when I phoned her this afternoon. She was waiting for the bus, and Tony, she told me, was being "too clever". She is back home now and she reported that Tony was reacquainting himself with his toys.
  • It is cold at school. I think I will be wearing a knit cap (a toque in Canada speak) on my ride to and from work.
  • My last indulgence before my wife and son came back, was to put on a Frank Sinatra DVD in which he performed "My Way", "Fly me to the Moon" (in honour of the Astronauts who had recently landed on the moon), and "Chicago". Frank also discussed his movie career. Bing Crosby punched him the first time they met, he said jokingly. I think I will remember these lyrics: "I didn't sleep at well last night. Because we had the silly fight. I had to phone this morning to seeeee if you were all right."
  • If there are spaces between some of the points and not the others, it is because I saved this blog as a draft and came back to it five minutes later.
  • I have to write everything down now and refer to it every hour. Too many people asking me if I remembered to do something. (*Never mind!*)
  • Some Americans in Wuxi have told me that as far as the Economic Crisis goes, the worse is yet to come. Which has me wondering if Frank sang "The Best is yet to come" in the DVD I watched this morning.
  • Strange thing I have seen. This man has terrible English. Yet, he likes to listen in on foreign conversations.
  • My numbers for this blog for November 2008 have already exceeded those of November 2007.
  • I will be showing students some purported photos of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot tonight. I hope their reactions are interesting.
  • Memo to myself: drive more carefully. I have had too many close calls this past week.

No comments: