Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Planning

I have done most of what I had to do this week already so today is a day to keep myself busy best I can till I have classes to teach. And I have kept myself by doing things that have to be done next week and the week after that.


I was up earlier than Tony today. I heard my wife summon me to the bedroom because he was awake and when I entered he had a big smile on his face.


When I left to go to work, Tony was pleadingly grabbing onto my legs wanting me to pick him up because he thought we would go for a walk today.


I have been able to watch some of the old movies I have on DVD this week. On Sunday night, I watched Jimmy Stewart in the Spirit of St. Louis. The movie was okay but hit wrong notes on many occasions. Still, Jimmy Stewart is the ultimate "ah shucks" kind of guy who is skinny like me. They don't make movie stars like him anymore. Last night, I started to watch The Quiet Man starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. The film is set in Ireland and is directed by John Ford. From what I have seen, I hope to finish the film tonight.


I like the National Football League but I don't find it interesting this year. I have been away from North America too long and I feel when I do look at the NFL standings that they might have as well have been generated by a Madden video game. None of the current teams have a compelling character to them like say a 1970s Steelers or Raiders or Cowboys team.


I have a 1400 and 2000 class at the school - both of which are private classes. In between, I go to Legris to do a company class - upper intermediate level.

No comments: