Monday, November 17, 2008

It is going to be cold tomorrow in Wuxi, China.

It is not too often, I know the weather forecast for Wuxi, but my wife has told me that it is going to be cold tomorrow with a temperature below 10 degrees Celsius. Don't worry rare readers, I have enough stuff to keep me warm on my scooter ride to work tomorrow.

I have been working six days a week lately because I have a wife and kid. Not that I mind because I know I am doing the proper thing. But anyway, the point is that today (Monday) is my day off, and I am going to tell you what I did on my day off.

I went to Downtown Wuxi. The wife and Tony and I went to the post office so we could mail Christmas presents to our parents in Canada. Now, I seem to remember, and may lightning strike me if I am wrong, that in the series Civilisation, Kenneth Clark quoted H.G. Wells as wanting to run down priests - that being how much he hated them. I feel the same way about government officials or postal employees. The filling out of forms drives me mad!!!!

My son Tony had a grand time wandering around Wuxi's Chongan market and park area. At a stage used for public performances, Tony and this other boy ran around, continually tripping over each other. Tony was at a disadvantage in most of the collisions, but he wasn't hurt. Most of the boys the same size as Tony seem to all be a year older than him though, and so have better coordination. Watch WTU 228 when it gets on my YouTube channel and this site and you will see what fun it is to see him go for a wander.

I hate taking the public bus. If the Big O (Obama) wants to help those poor people holding their breath, hoping they have enough money to pay their bills and send their children to college, he shouldn't try to ruin their spirit by making them take the bus. There is no better way to feel like a loser than by taking public transportation.

With the buses being so crowded, an incident that sometimes happens on the bus where a passenger will complain that the driver missed the stop or didn't give enough time for people to get off the bus. Tonight, a passenger was so irate, he walked to the front of the bus, screamed at the driver, and then gave the driver a menacing gesture, as he got off.

No comments: