Saturday, November 15, 2008

Things I was told in my fashion conversation class.

Mao suits are making a comeback and they are very expensive. But, they don't just come in green, the suits are sporting all sorts of funky colours.

One of the students has a friend who goes to Hong Kong and spend thousands of RMB on fashionable clothes.

Another student's husband has spend lots of money because he wants to look like James Bond. He has bought a James Bond Car, the clothes as worn by James Bond in the movies, and an expensive James Bond watch. This student put up good arguments to counter the contention of other students that women are more into fashion than men. She said that men may not shop as much as women, but when they do they spend much more money. The fact of the matter, continued the women, was that men can spend more in ten shopping trips than woman can in a hundred.


I am waiting for our new trainer to arrive from the Shanghai Airport. As I type, he should be here in twenty minutes. I want to welcome him and make sure he will be looked after in his first night in Wuxi, China.


As soon as I put on long johns, the weather gets warmer. Go figure.

No comments: