Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How cold is it in Wuxi? Random Thoughts.

I have to wear a toque (Canada speak) or a knit cap.

I saw my son briefly this morning because I had to leave early for work.

The three most famous Chinese people of all time: Chairman Mao, Confucius, and Bruce Lee.

The security guards in this town look like policeman.

I wouldn't buy hot dogs in this town.

You have to ask to make sure the bread is not sweet.

I have caught the Chinese saying Laoshu (teacher) and Laowei (foreigner) aound me thinking I didn't understand. So I would say the words aloud a few times and embarass them. I was amazed that this group of school children did this - they should have known better.

I wrecked the laces on my shoes.

I wore my bike mitts this morning and will wear them tonight.

A Latvian flag is on my desk at work, as I type. Thanks Dad!

I am making this blog entry at work.

I saw some other foreigner at my apartment complex. I didn't want to talk to him. I put my head down to avert my glance.

It may be cold but I am going to get some baozi from the booth on Houxixi. Now!

No comments: