Thursday, November 20, 2008

Layoffs in Wuxi.

Students at the company Legris told me they weren't feeling happy because they have been hearing news of layoffs in Wuxi.

And the Big 0 is going to make it worse. Read this, this, and this.

I have been getting more applications for teaching positions this week. Why? It must be my other site has presence.

The wife tells me that our son Tony is hard for her to handle. He likes to walk and he is too heavy, 15 kg now, for her to carry.

There are a few people wearing toques on their head in Wuxi, and I am one of them.

Tonight, I talked to a student from Sichuan province. Sichuanese are never impressed with Wuxi food - it is too sweet. Which brings up a point of contention with my wife.

I have had two students this week from Henan province, the home province of Chairman Mao. Though, I keep my opinions of the Chairman to myself, I do tell them when I see a restaurant with a lot of photos of Chairman Mao (as restaurants form his home province seem to do), I know the food will be good. Food from the Chairman's home province is quite tasty.

I am working my way through the Big 0's book "The Audacity of Hope". Nothing remarkable about it. It is written by a Democrat and it doesn't seem to transcend anything. Parts of it are quite puerile, and parts of it are showy. Little to none of it seems novel. I don't understand how Chris Buckley, who labelled himself a right-wing guy, could be impressed this writing.

Everything we do in life is irrevocable. A scary and sobering thought.

I passed a cyclist on his left just as he was spitting to the left. A hazard of cycling in China.

Thing I have seen done on bicycles here in China: use of the mobile phone, ignorance of signal lights, smoking, and towing onto a faster bike by grabbing the arm of its' driver.

There is a good chance that this month will see AKIC blogspot gets it highest ever numbers for visit and page views. Keep visiting please to help me achieve this milestone.

375,000 views on my Youtube Channel. Keep watching. I want to get to 500,000 by the end of January.

No comments: