Friday, May 30, 2008

The weekend is here.

It is Friday night.  The wife and son were asleep when I arrived  home after my class which ended at 900 PM.  Now, I blog if only for a short time.

The wife told me that my son Tony slept a lot today.  This evening, he fell asleep at six p.m.  He is still asleep now (approximately at ten p.m.).  I assume he is tired because the wife took him to the new apartment today.  Journeys seem to tire him.  I hope he is not lethargic for some medical reason.

Friday was a moving day for the King of Wuxi but he isn't yet sleeping in his new apartment.  Unlike the Kaulins family, who won't move into their new apartment till the middle of this month when the decoration has been long done, the Royal family of Wuxi, China is moving in before all major work has been done on their apartment.  Talking to the King tonight, I learned that the kitchen was being built today as he was moving in.  And so there is dust everywhere in his apartment which is not conducive for habitation. 

Tomorrow (Saturday), we will take the bus to the new apartment.  I will be carrying a big bag of clothes with me.  I will make another WJAU for Youtube.  I will also make a KoWAU and a WTU as well.  I don't know what else the wife has planned.

Sunday, we have a wedding to go to.  One of the girls at my school is getting married.  It will be a Chinese wedding which, now that I have sat through at least ten of them, is nothing to write home about.  There really is not much to be said for Chinese weddings.  They are only for the purpose of transferring money.  They are not really about pomp and show.  There is a short perfunctory ceremony, a dinner and and some toasting before everyone leaves after 90 minutes.  But, I am interested to go to this wedding because it will be held at the Wuxi Grand Hotel, one of the best hotels in Wuxi.

I had two new students tonight.  Both of whom are going to study in Australia.  I always ask new students what country they think I am from.  Australians would be disappointed to know how often the students tell me they think I am from Australia.  I have had a few instances, where the first guess to my question was Australia, second guess:  England, third guess:  another European country, and then America before I have to tell them I am from Canada because they were stumped.  Tonight, one of the two students guessed Australia.

No comments: