Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Toner can open the Water machine. The King of Wuxi promises to bring free markets to America.

Uh Oh!.  The Toner, the wife tells me, can open the tap on the water machine.  Now his curiosity is becoming a danger to others.

The King of Wuxi, one of the three remaining major candidates in the 2008 U.S. presidential election made another major policy announcement today from his election headquarters here in Wuxi, China:  he has promised to bring free markets to America which he says have never existed before.   Said the King:  Think about it!  America always brags about having free markets but the last time I was in America I had to pay for a bag of chocolate chip cookies and so I was almost thrown in jail when I didn't.  If the market in America is free, then why to I have to pay for things?  Why aren't things free? Huh?  So I promise that if you elect me your next president, I will make the market free.  That is, you can go to the market and not have to pay money for stuff.  Now, I know this would be a radical change so I promise to bring in a real free market gradually.  So in the first hundred days of the 0Drummond administration, I promise you that chocolate cookies, ice cream, cigarettes and beer will be free.  As the 0Drummond administration continues, more and more things will become free including the essentials like underwear, toilet paper and lard.

By the way, Tommy Drummond, like Anthony Kaulins, has a bit of a heat rash these days.

There is apparently a great Sichuan restaurant overlooking the pond near Chongan Temple.

No comments: