Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tony's Father don't have Game. Wuxi Expat Softball.

What can I say?  I am old, uncoordinated and a terrible ball player.   Yesterday afternoon, playing left field for the Coffee Bank Rangers against the Japanese Musharks in Wuxi, China Softball, I embarrassed myself by misplaying a routine fly ball.  And to add injury to my humiliation, I injured myself.  Yes, a fly ball hit directly at me struck me in the face.  I have no suitable excuse other than saying I was boneheaded.  I may have been backpedalling when the ball was coming, but even then I should have known to move my face out of the way.  Being hypnotized by the oncoming ball is not an excuse either.

After being hit, my first concern was my teeth.  I felt pain in my right upper jaw.  But there was no blood and I didn't spit out teeth.  In the evening, I ate something and felt a jolt of pain on the right side of my face .  I have a red mark on my cheek this morning and a story to tell.  Someone told me that I should play bleacher-field next time.

But other than that I had fun.  Kudos to my friend, the King of Wuxi for organizing it. 

Here is the video of me being interviewed after the injury.

No comments: