Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life goes on.

Some of the students have been watching T.V. coverage of the earthquake.  One of them, bless her, has talked of making donations to earthquake relief funds.

I have had a few relatives send me emails asking how I am doing. 

I had a first class with a 34 year old male student named Rabbit.  He chose that English because he was born in the year of the rabbit.  I think "Rabbit" is a girl's name.  I don't care if I get called sexist for saying so.

Standing on the 21st floor of my apartment building this morning, waiting for the elevator, I thought to myself how awesome the power of nature must be for an event over 1000 miles away to make this building sway.

The softball in the face still hurts three days after the back.  I feel in a back tooth that must have taken the brunt of the hit.

There was a staff meeting today.

Saturday, I will have to take the bus to Beixing to pick up Jenny and Tony.

I have a video to edit tonight after work.  You may see it tomorrow.

Here are two videos, I uploaded today.  I took these videos when my Canadian cousins visited.

 

 

 

 

I must have uploaded 430 videos to Youtube.  How many views?  170,000.

I am listening to Gunsmoke on the TVU player.

I have no 1800 class.  So,  I sit and watch the other trainers do their thing. 

I have tried the Australian practice of putting french fries in my hamburger.  It adds nothing to the taste.

I was not listening to Gunsmoke; I was listening to Bonanza.  Now, I hear a song about Jim Bowie.

Are you interested in working part-time at our school.  Send an email to akaulins@gmail.com.

Who is Wuxi, China's greatest Expat?  Why me, of course.  But the King if okay.

Are you interested in teaching over the summer at our school?  Send an email to akaulins@gmail.com.   Couples would be very welcome.

At 1900, I have a Upper Intermediate Private Class with three students.

What is the best way to discipline students?  Automatic rifle fire.

The movie Ironman can be seen in English in local Wuxi, China theatres.

Democrats are Capitalists with consciences?  Any Capitalist with a conscience should help the world himself.  Fuck the government.

Why should I hire you? I asked a tutor candidate in an interview.  He said I should because "he was good English."

One of the trainers has tried the Rorschach test on students.  He told me they all saw beautiful butterflies.

These days, I smoke Honghe cigarettes, 5 rmb a pack.

Should I go to the pub tonight?  The wife and child are out of town.  I should, but I don't want to.  I would rather edit a video featuring the King of Wuxi.

At 2000, I have an Advanced Salon Class with 8 students (if they all show up).  The topic will be drugs and athletes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andis,
I found the blog via Google and saw that you used TVU Player on May 14th.
Is TVU Player still working for you? It stopped working for me and www.tvunetworks.com is unreachable as well. I wonder if it is the case everywhere or just in my country Turkey. The connection has been down for about 2-3 days, I could not come across any info why this might be.
I know a bunch of ESL teachers in Turkey, if I hear any of them plan on moving to China, I will forward your info.

Cheers,

Serkan