Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Capitalist with a conscience.

It is my misfortune to be stuck in a profession where almost all my colleagues are leftists or leftward oriented.  We never usually talk politics because it would only lead to animosity.  But occasionally, I have something said to me.  Some of it is so enmeshed in Leftist thought and assumptions that there is no point refuting it.   But that people can believe such lies still grates me.  Recently, I had a teacher tell me that recently released Ironman displayed a Capitalist with a conscience, that is a Democrat.  The idea that Democrats are Capitalists with conscience is patently absurd.  These rich Capitalist Democrats are best described as idiots with money (e.g. Ted Turner and most Hollywood actors).  Here is a Capitalist with a conscience who gives a philanthropy a good name.  (I assume that this man is a Republican because he devotes his philanthropy to 'Free Markets and All That Stuff'.  Something I rarely hear Obama talking about.)

No comments: