Monday, May 12, 2008

Earthquake?

I was doing an English Corner from 1400 to 1500 Monday afternoon.  At about 1440, a student got a phone call and screamed that there had been an earthquake in Wuxi.  Two minutes after this, my wife told me that our 21st floor apartment was shaking and she was scared.  I also heard news that a building in Wuxi had to be evacuated.  I assumed that a building was being torn down in Wuxi causing a tremor to be felt around the city, though no one in my class felt anything.  I then heard news of a strong earthquake from Chongqing.  Can an earthquake in Southwest China (7.5 on the Richter scale) be felt all the way in Jiangsu? (yes, according to this story).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!