Monday, December 17, 2007

WS2 and The Toner.

  • Judging by the shortness of yesterday's entry, you rare reader could judge that I was too busy yesterday to blog.  You would be correct.
  • You might also think I can't think what to write about.  That would also be correct.
  • Last night, I was in bed as soon as I got home.  I had the Toner beside me and watched two episodes of season two of The Wire.  As I played with the Toner, I kept up on the exploits of Omar and Bubbs.  A newly introduced character Ziggy is dumb.  I hope he gets his ass done in.
  • I lost my bet to Leo.  Chelsea had more corner kicks than Arsenal.
  • Seablogger thinks thinks Barak Obama could win the White House next year.  Why?  The Ron Paul revolution.  Ron Paul is the hard libertarian candidate.  But he is more well-known as the one major Republican candidate who opposes the Iraq War.  For that reason many Republicans won't touch him even though many praise his economic ideas (which would be unpalatable to the Democrats).  His candidacy is garnering enough support that an unelectable Republican could come up the middle and get the Nomination.  And so Barak will win on charisma.
  • I had a student yesterday who actually knew a little bit about the 2008 US presidential election.  She told me she supported Mitt Romney and John McCain.  Her answer completely suprised me but it turned out she meant to say Barak instead of McCain.  She is studying in Singapore but is back in Wuxi for her break.  In Singapore, they do talk about current events.
  • Hello to the students who may have heard of my blog last night at Speakers Corner.

No comments: