Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back to Work.

  • Back to work.  It is like I never got away.
  • Tony slept well last night.
  • The wife is going to fire the maid this morning.  The woman has been getting slack.  How did 830 to 1130 slowly become 845 to 1100?
  •  Yesterday, I was carrying Tony in a baby pack or pouch.  We now have two baby pouches for carrying Tony about.  The one I was using yesterday is bigger than the other one we have but with yesterday's my neck took all the baby's weight.  The other model is smaller but it straps to your shoulders.  Very uncomfortable to have your neck take Tony's weight.  Comparing his size to the newborns yesterday, I saw how much he has grown.
  • This video I did is practically viral.
  • The Drummond Family lent us a Santa suit that fits Tony.  Expect photos.
  • Last night, I went to B & Q, Wuxi's version of Home Depot.  The place is alright but I get bored in those kind of places very easily.  Last night, we chose the kitchen for our new apartment.
  • To honor a dead person, we saw a family burn a twenty foot tall by twenty foot long by six foot wide paper house in the park near our apartment complex.  By doing this ritual, it is believed that the dead ancestor will have a house in the afterlife.  The result of this ritual, yesterday afternoon, was to see lots of burnt pieces of paper fall on Renmin Road traffic and pedestrians.  I have a photo of this on my mobile phone which I will download later.
  • I am reading The Trail to Seven Pines by Louis L'amour.  It is a Hopalong Cassidy Story.  I never knew that Hopalong was a L'amour creation till I bought the novel.  I find Westerns (cowboy stories)are a story genre that I have been silly not to look into for most of my life.  Western stories are character driven and always interesting.
  • It is cold and damp in Wuxi this morning.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Actually, Louis L'Amour did not create the Hopalong Cassidy character. Mr. L'Amour was asked to write four novels for the series, however when published they had been edited to the point that Mr. L'Amour refused to acknowledge he had written them. All four were originally published by Double Day in hard cover, under the pen name of "Tex Burns".

The four novels are:

1951: The Rustlers of West Fork, The Trail to Seven Pines, and The Riders of High Rock. Trouble Shooter followed in 1952.

Best Regards,

Sheila