Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday musings

  • Again, congratulations to Simon and Nicole on the birth of Amy.
  • I am wearing new shoes.  Or should I say shoes that are not yet broken in.  I have had these shoes for over a year.  I wore them to my wedding and someone else's wedding.  Today, is the first time I have worn them to work.  So, it is the first time I have walked any distance in them.  One of the shoes is rubbing against the heel.  Ouch!  I will check on the Internet to see what I can do.
  • Something is going on in Bali (not Baoli the local Wuxi shopping mall).  Here is what the naysayers have to say about it.
  • I have bet Leo that Arsenal will get more corner kick attempts than Chelsea in their big Premiership clash, happening later today or tomorrow depending on the time zone you are in.
  • Tony was better last night.  At five am, he was hungry; not interested in a babble fest.
  • It is raining in Wuxi as I type.
  • Romney versus Obama?  I will ask the students what they think.    (*Later:  they don't know much.  Some of them have heard of Hilary Clinton.  If they want someone to win it would be the person who will treat China the best.  That is China is the middle-of-the-world thinking*)
  • That last Speaker's Corner wore me out.
  • Here is a review of the documentary Nanking.

No comments: