Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Party. 39 and no longer counting...

  • The School held its annual Xmas Party last night.  You can go here to see photos of it.  There were a lot of students there.  Some  participated in the show and sung badly.  The Food we had was good, but there wasn't enough of it.  I wore a Santa Claus costume and thus posed for many photos with the students.  Tony wore a costume too and was an even bigger hit.
  • It is my 39th birthday, again, tomorrow.  The wife and I will celebrate it tonight.  We will go for pizza.  Because my wife was born in a village which uses the Lunar calendar she is not exactly sure of her annual birthday.   Which puts me in the awkward position of not knowing her birthday.
  • Does having my birthday so close to Christmas cause me angst?  Not anymore now that I am forever 39.  Also being in China where Christmas is not important  makes it easier for me.  Having Jenny and Tony to think about, I have no reason to complain.
  • I remember spending some sad Christmases in B.C.  I didn't have a Christmas I could call my own.  I was invited places but I felt the bystander.
  • I will do a presentation about the Olympics for 300 students at a Middle School this afternoon.  We have a vague plan, Justin and I, about what we will do.  But it all boils down to the audience.  If I can't get a response out of them because I don't understand, it won't be much fun.
  • I read Tony Blair has converted to the Catholic Church.   I would say good on him.  My opinion of Blair as a P.M. was that he did one thing right.  And other than that one thing, the Left should love him.

No comments: