Friday, December 28, 2007

Tuesday (Saturday) Morning

  • I finished reading a Louis L'Amour novel, the first of my life.  I have seen his books everywhere till I got to China.  Now, I have an urge to read them.
  • The windows are full of condensation this morning.  It is a cold one out there.
  • When to get out of bed?  At first, I was to get up at 700 AM, then 715 and finally 730.
  • Now, I am reading a Tom Clancy novel: Without Remorse.  Again, back in Canada, I wouldn't have stooped.  Now, I grab any of his novels I can find.  I need reading material.
  • My sources tell me that the Blue Bar was packed Christmas Eve.  I imagine it will be the same for New Year's.  I think I will be staying home that night.  Somewhere on the Internet, I came across an interview where someone said nothing good happens after midnight.  I would have to agree with that whoever.
  • My general thoughts about the Bhutto assassination are that Bhutto probably wasn't a shining martyr for anything and that Pakistan will carry on being screwed up.  I was also wondering how how the assassination would be pinned on Bush.  Seablogger shows Obama taking a stab at it.  Like shock and indignation, someone-on-the-left's next reaction is to blame Bush.

No comments: