Friday, December 28, 2007

Links. Wuxi Glitterati. Vids.

  • The Who's Who of Wuxi Expatdom have been joining Facebook.  For instance, I am now Facebook friends with the King of Wuxi, Niels, Adam Lang and Peter Malik.  Impressive!
  • Here is a interesting article about China and Darfur and China's Southern neighbors.  Read it here.  It opens with this quote: 

    “People say China is a sleeping giant, but it’s wide awake. It’s the elephant creeping up behind us. Only, it’s so big we can scarcely see it moving.”

  • I am surprised.  Some of the students had heard about the assassination of Bhutto.  Most of them don't care about news unless it has something to do with China.
  • One of the students named the leader of North Korea as his man of the year.  Said the student: Kim Il Jung did the sensible thing and let his nuclear activities be supervised.
  • I had another student tell me that his favorite Western Comedian was Socrates.  I also asked the student if he ever made jokes about foreigners.  He replied that he didn't because he didn't know what made them laugh.  It turned out, he thought I meant make jokes to foreigners.  It took me ten minutes of fruitless conversation to figure this out.
  • Here are the latest Wuxi Tony Updates uploaded to Youtube.  I am making so many of them now, I am losing count.

 

     I beleive I am up to six (since I started counting).

  • Thankfully, I have grandparents living a long way away so I can justify Tony's seeming overexposure on Youtube.

No comments: