Sunday, December 30, 2007

The King and I go out on the second last night of the year.

  • I have no idea what I will do this New Year's Eve.  Having Tony does pose logistical problems.  I will finish work at nine PM.  I have floated the idea with the King to maybe go to a pub for midnight and quickly go home.  He talked of possibly going out for a late supper with our families but my wife put a kibosh to the idea.  "What will we do with Tony?" she said.
  • Last night, the King and I did a Wuxi Pub Crawl:  Ronnie's and the Blue Bar.  We first went to Ronnie's and there was about three patrons there.  The regulars were probably resting for tonight.  It being dead, we decided to blow and head off the Blue Bar.  There were more people there (about 20) but even then it was slow.  Of course, the usual Blue Bar lot, including Patterson, was there.  They never rest.
  • Patterson told me that his school was off for three days but to make up for it they will have to work three six-day weeks.  We at HyLite, must be the only school open today.  But it makes no difference.  Six day weeks aren't groovy.
  • At work, a holiday atmosphere, of sorts, prevails.  Not too many students are here today and classes are small so work seems easy.
  • The NFL regular season is done.  My Seahawks are in the playoffs.  They should be hosting the Redskins in the first playoff round.  The Redskins played a part in eliminating my other team, the Vikings, from the playoffs by trouncing them last week at the Metrodome.  My third team, the New York Jets are in the same division as the Patriots,.  The Jets can't blame the fact that they had to play that Super team twice for not making the playoffs.  They just stunk.
  • After reading this, I think I will take a look at Fred Thompson.  The fact that he is not hell-bent in his presidential campaign is refreshing from the over done ambition of Hilary.  I think the Republicans have three capable and experience candidates: Rudy, Fred and Mitt, who would make great Presidents.
  • The wife and the King's wife went to some shopping event yesterday.  They spent the whole afternoon buying things for our new apartments.  They weren't too happy with us when we went on our "pub crawl" last night.  Though to be fair, we both drank only Colas and were home before 10;30 PM.
  • Tony was wailing like a banshee when I had to put him down so I could get ready to go to work.  He smiles at the sight of me first thing in the morning.   Here is Wuxi Tony Update #8.
  • On this December 31, my Youtube Video Views are at 102,500 and my MSN Spaces page views are at 42,000.  Will I be able to say 200,000 and 100,000 next year?
  • Thinking of my New Year's Eves past, they have all been gruesome.  Now that I have Tony, the best New Year's Eve I could ever have would be to spend it with him and his mother.  Reading Marc Steyn's article about lack of New Year's songs, I realize New Year's is over rated.  And as American Fez says "I've recently received some extremely depressing news: at the chime of Monday's midnight bell we have to go all the way back to bloody January again and do it over".  Amen.

No comments: