Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday Night Bloggings.

I type this entry wearing a balaclava. Why? I just went to YouTube and made an anonymous comment using an alias. I like going to music videos and saying "Way Cool. I never forget seeing these guys at the L.A. Forum in '75!". It does not matter about the band. One time someone responded to my comment and said I was mistaken. The band played the forum in '76.

Now I interrupt this entry to record WTU 263...

In WTU 263, which I will upload after publishing this entry, Tony has earned himself the nickname Tony the Terrible.

I haven't seen as many Oxen as one would expect given that next year is the year of the Ox in China.

From Seablogger, I learn that the Tax Cuts the big 0 has promised are not really tax cuts at all. Corporations don't have to pay taxes if they don't lay off workers or hire more workers. I think the corporations would be better off to pay the extra taxes and not have the government play a role in the day-to-day operation of their businesses. And as Seablogger says, these Leftist tax cuts are incentives to keep the status quo. Recessions and downward portions of the cycles of Economic growth are markets telling us that change is needed. Obama: Status Quo that you can believe in (I heard Christopher Hitchens use this phrase just recently).

In this article, David Warren observed a phenomenon in Canada, that I have seen often in China, that of people entering the back doors of buses in order to avoid paying fares. Warren called this a sign of societal decay for Canada. What does this mean for China? The driver in Warren's story does have the gumption to confront the three punks who tried to avoid paying fares. The driver in China wouldn't bother. There are simply too many people on the bus for him. Enforcement in China is often lax because of the huge population.

2 comments:

teriann said...

Last year when we were in Wuxi it was right when they had all the "year of the mouse" displays all over - and they were cute! Please post some pictures of the "year of the ox" displays - can't imagine that they will be as cute- wish we could see them in person!

wuxi andis said...

I will do that.

I took a lot of photos of the "Year of the Mouse" displays last year. They were quite nice. So far, I haven't seen anything worthy of a snap. I imagine I will be seeing the new displays over the next two weeks.

Thank you for reading my blog.