Friday, January 16, 2009

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Not in Wuxi do I want it to snow, but in Washington, D.C. on January 20, 2009. Nothing could be finer. And the chances are good: Seablogger reports speculation among meteorologists that there will be a major snow storm will hit the U.S. capital on inauguration day. Also, Al Gore will be there bring the "Al Gore effect" into play.


The wife tells me she heard on the news that a four year old child choked to death at a Wuxi supermarket. The child had put a small fruit in its mouth. That is a parent's worse nightmare come true.


Here is George W. Bush's final speech as president. It reads better than any of Obama's speeches. I hope I will have time to make my own tribute to President Bush. For now, I will link you who care to this one. I think there are many Chinese who may not know it, but they have a lot to thank Bush for.


Tony fell asleep in my arms tonight. That is all I need now on a Friday night.

The Catholic wannabee in me hopes the Cardinals can make it to the Super Bowl.

Tomorrow, I will show the film Jaws in my Saturday afternoon movie class. I hope it scares the pants off the students.

No comments: