Friday, January 23, 2009

Holiday Mode

In China now, everyone is in a holiday mood. Many Chinese are preparing to go to their hometowns for the Spring Festival. Locals are preparing for a week at home of eating and watching t.v. Expatriates, not married to Chinese, are either escaping the country or retreating to their apartments to avoid the crowds.

I still have a day to work. Saturday night when I get home I will be packing for my three or four day trip to the countryside to see my wife's relatives. I am not so excited about it. I hope I don't freeze, Tony survives, and boredom doesn't get to me. I hope their DVD player works.


A cold spell appears to have descended on Wuxi. I had been discarding layers the past week but I will have to be put them on again. I am looking at a minus fourteen wind chill on my electric bike ride home tonight.

No comments: