Monday, January 19, 2009

Slow Day.

Two no shows in the afternoon leaving me too much spare time on my hands. I read George Orwell's famous essay "Politics and the English Language" twice in hopes of improving my written English - it may be too late to do anything about that.

Other than that, why am I making this blog entry? I feel that if I do have spare time, I should be adding something to this blog. Truly, I should make an entry when I have something worth saying, which you can read now that I don't.

Here's an thought: Thinking about the film Saturday Night Fever, I will say that it did accurately convey the excitement of going to a dance club on a weekend evening. I think of myself in my dance club days and I despise everything I did. I worried about things that were so unimportant. Even if I had tales to tell similar to the scenes shown in Saturday Night Fever what would be the point now? With Tony and Jenny, I know what I have to worry about and don't waste my time chasing false idols or dreams. (The exception being this blog which is chasing a dream I had of literary stardom. But the blog does have a world wide if not world deep readership, with which I can be happy in a modest way.)

I like China because, for me, it is a small enclosed world where few bother me and my conceits can be maintained in splendid isolation.

Tony, the little bugger, always wakes up with a smile on his face.

No comments: