Thursday, January 22, 2009

Patience Rewarded.

My life in China is not all about looking at my socks and lamenting that I can't state with absolute confidence that the socks I am thinking to wear are outside-in or inside-out. Every once in a while, something happens that I can proudly boast about.

For instance, this morning waiting to catch the bus a nice thing happened to me because of a patience that is abundant in the iron strength quality of my personal character. Walking to the bus stop I saw twenty people waiting, an incredible amount of people in the neck of the Wuxi woods that I am living in currently. Unfurrowing my brow about half a percent of a millimeter, I thought of the travails that a bus ride was going to have for me this day. Then my bus came. I choose not to join the twenty people, many with luggage, board that bus. "Wait till the next", I, my personal General Patton, ordered myself. And my wisdom was rewarded, as not three minutes later, another #25 bus (the bus I was waiting for) came. The bus had vacant seats. I could not believe my good fortune.

No comments: