Saturday, January 17, 2009

China key to easing global recession?

I came across a January 18th edition of the English China Daily. One of the lead stories proclaims China to be the key to easing the global recession according to a report from the U.N.

Earlier in the day, I had listened to the latest edition of Radio Derb. Derbyshire expressed satisfaction the the Israelis have bombed some U.N. facilities in their war with Hamas. He then wished the I.D.F. could bomb the U.N. headquarters in New York City.

I share Derbyshire's sentiment. The U.N. is a hopeless joke. Problems happening anywhere in the world cannot be solved by the U.N. because it is a slow-moving bureaucracy full of corruption. So the U.N. report proclaiming China to be the key to easing the global recession fills me with foreboding. The exact opposite will surely happen: the recession with pound China to a pulp.

No comments: