Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday night and everything's better.

I got home safe and sound. The weather was cold and crisp, but I was dressed well on my bike ride back. I thank God that I was able to find a balaclava I could wear under my helmet.

Tony had a big poo tonight. He soiled all his clothes and so Jenny had to give him a bath. He had no conception of the damage he had done - he was smiling in a mischievous sort of way when I arrived home.

I have lost blogging momentum because of the Chinese New Year Dinner we had on Saturday night. You can visit here to see the photos if you haven't already. You may have to go back a page on that site to see all the photos.

I am going to miss George W. Bush! Not that he is my first choice to be the U.S. president (I say Sarah Palin in 2012!) but the Big 0 looks primed to make W's spending seem thrifty (and I can't defend the spending that happened in the W years). New Deal II will mean the tens will be a replay of the thirties.

I passed a confrontation between a policeman and a citizen last week while on my way to work. The man was screaming at the cop who was soon supported by six more men in police uniform. The argument was in the area of the train station and thus a place where large numbers of people gather these days.

The Eagles will play the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game. Who da thunk it? I hope the Eagles win. It would be a great story if the long-losing Cardinals made it to the Super Bowl but then the Cardinals would be just another franchise that has gone to the Super Bowl one time. Better for the Cards never to go.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Palin in 2012? Andis, be honest with me, are you serious? Or was that a joke?

Anonymous said...

Your kid took a big dump, you like Sarah Palin, and you wanna talk about football. I came to China to get away from people like you.

wuxi andis said...

Don't worry. I stay home at nights. He he.

I am serious about Palin. She was about the only bright light in politics last year. The amount of scoffing she has brought out on the left only solidifies my opinion of her.

Anonymous said...

This is the Anonymous who tried to get a rise out of you in comment 2. You're alright, Andis. With any luck you'll transcend the lib/con paradigm after a few years here and become a conspiracy kook like the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog. You're short on money, you live somewhere at the outskirts, you have no friends anymore, how you can make a living?

What will happen later when your son needs to go to school? What happens if you get serious sick or run over by a truck?

Get back to Canada, get a paid job, get health insurance and later take your wife and son over.

But this are just my 5 cents.

Cheers,

208

Anonymous said...

Pay no attention to 208, Andis, he's just projecting his fears. If everyone followed that passive aggressive "be like everyone else" advice we'd have no Einsteins, Faulkners, or blogs worth reading. I hope 208 gets "serious sick" (retard). Maybe the experience will bring him to the realization that life is for living, not worrying.

This are my 5 RMB.