Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Got the keys.

  • In keeping with what I predicted in the previous blog entry, we did go to Macallane, near Metro on the edge of Wuxi.  The place is huge.  It has three buildings all at least three floors tall.  It is bigger than Baoli.  We bought a bed with night stands, and a TV table.   When we decided on the bed we wanted, we got lost trying to find the place we saw it.  To get to Macallane from downtown, you can catch a bus provided by the store behind Ba Bai Ban.
  • We then we went to the New House apartment complex office to get the keys for our new and undecorated apartment.  We will start decorating the place next week.  And by decorating I mean we have to put in flooring and walls, the whole shebang, because all we have now is an empty shell with a door and windows.  From New House which in is the Hui Shan district of Wuxi, we took the bus back downtown.  The ride was 45 minutes.  I learned the bus we took does not run past seven in the evening.  I am going to have to hire a driver to take me home from my downtown work three evenings a week.  I will turn into a commuter.
  • Hui Shan district is built up.  It looks very vacant at this time.  I wonder if Hui Shan is town-planning run amok.  The King of Wuxi does not seem to think so.  He says it will blossom like the Wuxi New District.
  • The Prince of Wuxi
  • The King of Wuxi twisted his royal ankle yesterday which affected his gummy leg and so he has a sore back.  I, his my most loyal and sycophantic subject, pray for his recovery.  As should you.
  • I wish I could watch the outdoor hockey game. that is being played in Buffalo.
  • MMVII.  This is the best end-of-the-year piece I have ever seen.  The most accomplished men and women, more often than not, had no formal schooling in their area of expertise.  I hope this is true.  It will save me the cost of sending Tony to an expensive school.
  • Speaking of Tony.  His continual development is a joy to Jenny and me.  Today, he smacked me good with a roundhouse right.  Yes, My son punched me for the first time today.  I am so proud.
  • I remember Rush Limbaugh saying that most people on the Left are well-meaning but their ideas are flat-out wrong.  I am starting to think that Rush is wrong.  That is, most people on the Left aren't even well-meaning.  The left I notice has become more and more intolerant.  Look at BDS.  Also, look at this strange editorial that wishes Global Warming would happen so that it could de-populate the Conservative portions of America.  People on the right want on the left to change their minds.  It would seem that people on the left want those on the right to be taken to camps and shot, or as this article seems to hope, drowned.

No comments: