Monday, January 7, 2008

Management talking to staff.

Here is a photo I have been meaning to take for a while. On my walk to work, I pass this scene almost everyday. In the photo, you see the manager of a beauty spa talking to workers lined up in a military formation. It is common sight all over Wuxi. The girls above will also do a group dance and calisthenics. The dance I don't mind. But there is no way in hell that you would see North American workers "putting up" with it. The girls above dance and don't seem self-conscious about it at all. But I wonder about the lining up in military formation. Is it a way of organzing groups that the managers picked up in school, and see nothing at all unusual about employing at work? Or are the Chinese plotting to take over the world? I assume the former.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: