Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dangerous driving that I didn't notice.

  • I happen to be taking a taxi today with a driver who knew some English.  But he didn't try to use his English on me till half way through the ride.  He suddenly made a comment to me about something being dangerous.  I nodded my head saying "yeah, yeah!" while trying to figure out what he was talking about.  Finally it dawned on this dim bulb that something dangerous had happened on the road.  Being here three years and jaded fifty times over by the driving here, I had no idea what the danger was.  The driver had cut off about ten people already.  But something had happened to make him say "Chinese Roads very dangerous!".  Anyway, he asked if I was American and I said no (wishing all the while I could say yes) and that I was Canadian.  He then told me he had a sister in Toronto and I felt sorry for her.
  • Most of the so called pundits and experts on the U.S. presidential election don't know what they are talking about.  So much wild speculation going on without taking into account the big picture.  Tony can sound more knowledgeable about the election than the pundits because he won't open his mouth to talk about it.
  • It is time for China to float the Yuan or so says the article in the National Review.  I am of the opinion that Governments don't do their economies any good when they fix prices or their currencies.  It  all comes out in the wash...

No comments: