Friday, January 25, 2008

Finally!

  • Now, I can blog.
  • Today, I sat through two meetings, arm wrestled a female TV reporter, got videotaped having my clock cleaned at Table Tennis, mopped a kitchen flood at 630 AM, kissed my wife and asked some students what they had been in a previous life.  It was a very silly day actually.
  • I am glad to get some response to my blunt comment about the Democratic Party Nominees of for President in 2008.  I wish someone could prove me wrong rather than scoff.  The Democrats' default belief is that the Republicans are racist.  I used to think that myself but I came to the realization that the Republicans are over that sort of thing and that the Democrats haven't quite escaped their own particular prejudices - one being that you need the power of the state to help certain groups of people and that these people could not survive if the Democrats took care of them.  Here, Christopher Hitchens makes a better case than I ever could the irony of the Democrats trying to transcend something while at the same time using that something as a reason to vote for them.  I see no difference between Hilary, Obama and the previous sleds to have received the Democrat's nomination like John Kerry, Walter Mondale, Jimmy Carter, Michael Dukakis and George McGovern. 
  • On my way to work, I was about to pass between a street garbage can and a vending cart when I had to suddenly give way to a man on a scooter who evidently thought it was quicker to ride in the pedestrian path than on the path designated for his mode of transportation.

No comments: