Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yangqiao Market Day


I took Tony to the Yangqiao Market Day, Sunday afternoon. These market days are sort of like street parties that you would see in some towns and neighborhoods in Canada. They are like a carnival. The one we went to today is best shown by the two photos I have published today. It was far too crowded to do much. If I was in a bad mood, I would have elbowed back the many people who elbowed me. I couldn't put Tony down because he would have been crushed by the crowds.

There was one point in the afternoon where the lane was so crowded, I felt trapped. I thought of those stadium disasters where the rush of the crowds leads to people being trampled to death.

Tony took the crowds in stride. Mind you, he was being carried around. He and his "laowai" Dad were a sight to behold by the hordes. Many a stranger tried to shake his hand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: