Monday, March 16, 2009

On the road again.

G.K. Chesterton said that young children only need simple tales because mere life is interesting enough. This explains why to Tony everything in the house is interesting and he cannot control himself to not get into things. So the seemingly common place is a wonder to a child. That is why below Tony had to try his hand at using the kettle to pour water into a basin into which he will put his feet for a good washing. We let him try under supervision.


I am on the road again electric bicycle wise. I had my first journey this month down the path in the photo below.





We may go to the Big Buddha on Wednesday if everything falls in place.


I made this comment about blind spots in Ayn Rand novels which one rare reader took issue with (thank you). I have thought of another one: None of the major characters in Atlas Shrugged have children. They have childhoods but they don't have children. Having children is one of the essences of life. And trust me nothing puts a cramp into self-actualizing like having children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And trust me nothing puts a cramp into self-actualizing like having children."

Uhhn. I can attest to that. Are you training the little darlings or vice versa?

wuxi andis said...

I have adapt to Tony's ways. No time to organize wonderful new industrial processes.