Sunday, March 15, 2009

Derbyshire - way cool.

A rare reader tells me, after checking out a link I provided to a John Derbyshire article and listening to a Radio Derb podcast, that he has a new-found respect for him. Why he didn't respect him before I can't say, but to me Derb is cool for the following reasons:

  1. He is married to a Chinese woman.
  2. He can speak Chinese very well.
  3. He was in the background of a Bruce Lee movie.
  4. He has a great knowledge of Chinese history.
  5. He is a conservative.

You can find his articles and the story about the Bruce Lee movie here. You can listen to the podcasts here.

I have met no one in Wuxi who is as cool as him.

Last night was a difficult night for me. About four in the morning, I started retching. Nothing came out, but I had a terrible taste in my throat and a burning pain in my chest. I then had one of those cramps in the leg where you get a shooting pain and you have to stand up in a bid to straighten your leg to ease the discomfort. Thankfully, I don't have to be at work till one. I do feel better now.

On the subject of going to work, I think I will take the bike to school. It is sunny and supposed to be up around twenty Celsius today.

No comments: