Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Night in Wuxi, China.

What to do in Wuxi, China on a Tuesday night? I wouldn't know. I am married with a son so I have no opportunity to have to worry about these things.

What do I do on a Tuesday night? If I am not working, I am at home with Tony and the wife. Tonight, I watched the last half of the movie The Bride of Frankenstein. I plan on showing the film in my movie salon class on Saturday. Tony watched a bit of the film with me. Together, we saw the scene where the Monster visits and is befriended by the blind man. Tony giggled at the parts where the blind man taught the Monster some words. Why he found these scenes funny is a mystery. To an adult mind, they are funny in a way. The Monster is dumb and the actor, playing him, plays the Monster woody. But I find it hard to believe that Tony had picked up on it.

Tomorrow is a day off for me. I plan to spend the afternoon with Tony letting his mother go downtown to do some shopping. I will teach Tony to read and do algebra.

Getting Youtube was a problem today for me. But, I suspect that it is a technical problem rather than a blocking on the part of some authorities.


Obama claimed to be on the side of science when he lifted the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem-cell research. Really, he was sticking it to the religious troglodytes who placed the ban in the first place. John Derbyshire asks if Obama will be on the side of science when it conflicts with political correctness. Derbyshire having read Oprah's biography concludes (s)he is a cultural Marxist.

No comments: