Monday, March 17, 2008

Tony wears Pampers!

In answer to the comment made in my Saint Patrick's Day entry, I tell you about how the Chinese take care of baby's plumbing.  China is not for the weak-stomached or squeamish as you soon will learn.   I have issues with my Chinese relatives on this account.

Two common sights that sickens Westerners on their arrival in China are to see babies wearing split-ass pants with no diapers and to see parents letting their children pee or shit on the street.  In the latter instance, you will see parents holding their babies between their legs and with the feet and arms in the air, and the ass toward the ground.  Most Chinese can't afford or have never heard of disposable diapers.  And to avoid the work involved in using cloth diapers, they don't bother using them all.

Pampers and the like are available in China and Tony does wear them.  When the Chinese actually use disposable diapers, they do see the advantage of them.

However, some of my in-laws don't.  I was sickened by the sight of my wife's cousin's two-year old girl wearing split-ass pants.  We were at a restaurant one time and I caught the sight of the little girl's bare ass as I was eating.  I could have cried.

No comments: