Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TB.

Yesterday morning, my wife started coughing up blood.  I was at work at the time.  She went to the hospital and it wasn't till later that she was able to get a hold of me.  

I immediately left work and rushed to her bedside.  Once I was there, she told me she was scared and that there was the possibility that she may have pulmonary tuberculosis.  Tony has to be isolated from her.  Tests were done on him and he is alright, thankfully.  

But, for all three of us the separation that we will have to undergo in the next while will be hard.  It will also put a crink in the plans we have for the next few months as we are moving to the new apartment and will go to Canada.

Last night, was the first time I was alone with Tony without my wife to back me up.  Tony, thankfully, behaved better than I expected.  I had been talking to him in soothing tones about not having his mommy around for a few weeks.  Whether this contributed to his docile behavior I can't really say.  But it had been a tiring day for him as it was for me.

Why would my wife have pulmonary TB?   Researching on the Internet, I read it can be caused by living in crowded and unsanitary conditions.  In other words, She got it because she lives in China.

No comments: