Monday, March 31, 2008

Olympic English. Another dumb idea from the wife of the President.

I did an Olympic English event yesterday where I talked to about 200 teenage women about the Olympics.  Lord knows if they understood me.  At the end of the class, one student asked me what I thought about some European country not going to the Olympics.  I said I hadn't heard about it (I have found no information on the Internet about any country boycotting although I did read Sakorzy was thinking of it) and said it was a shame if they did.

The VP at our school, who happens to be the wife of the President of the school's mother corporation, wants the foreign trainers to move into different offices in the school in order to interact more with the Chinese study advisors whose English needs to be improved.  She wants this move to be done by the end of the week.  This woman just made my job very difficult.  To begin with, it was an idea that had been tried last year and was quickly abandoned.  This imagined interaction between foreign trainer and Chinese tutor never happened.  Some foreign trainers just ended up feeling isolated.  The Chinese tutors didn't seem interested in improving their English.  (Why don't they hire people who can speak English instead of pissing off the good employees with their dumb rules?)  The VP continued on with the Chinese habit of not giving us enough time to prepare properly for any of their hair-brained ideas.  The fucking Chinese always tell you things at the last minute!  Pardon my French.  None of the study advisors or trainers wants to move.  Some have told me straight out that they don't want to and won't. 

I will talk to the Chinese management today to see what I can do to come up with a better way of improving the tutor's English without pissing off everybody.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fucking Chinese? oh, i hope your wife and son don't see it...

anyway, if you think you are fucking better off then why don't you get your fucking ass out of fucking China so that you can lead a fucking life in your fucking canada?

wuxi andis said...

Guess what? I hate the fucking American Democrats. I hate the fucking Russians. I hate the Fucking Canadian NDP. I hate a lot of things. I unionized Canadian nurses. Fucking unionized nurses I should say. This world will put you to no end of fucking frustration. And I vent.

Read all of my blog and you will see a resonable guy, not the crybaby that you must be.

And yes the Chinese do things that make all of us swear.

But guess what? So does all of fucking humanity!

wuxi andis said...

By the way. Thank you for reading my blog.

I live for visitors.

And if you took offence, I apologize. What i meant to say in my previous entry is that much as I like China and the students and the most of the people here, I get very frustrated. It shouldn't be taken out on all the chinese but the bad apples that unfortunately inhabit the world in all places and all times

Anonymous said...

Actually i don't really care about the wife of the president, you hate her, just go ahead, but don't bring in all Chinese. i don't think his wife can represent Chinese...

anyway, i think i was somehow overreacted yesterday, i appologise for vulgarity...

wuxi andis said...

You were right to be offended. I shouldn't have said what I say even if I was having a bad day.

The Chinese really aren't any different from others. Which means they can be as wonderful and also as maddening as everyone else in the world.

I, myself, am probably more on the maddening side than the wonderful. But I my chinese wife is hopefully improving me.