Friday, March 7, 2008

How My wife is doing.

The unfortunate but necessary separation of my wife and our son is hard on her.  For example, I took photos and videos of Tony using my Nikon digital camera and showed them to my wife, who cried as she looked at them.  I used my mobile phone to let my wife listen to the cries of Tony and that of course causes her to cry too.

The separation of  the wife and our son is hard for me, though not as much as it is for her.  I wish the wife could back me up in certain situations.  I hate having my wife's in-laws look after the child.  Coming from the Chinese countryside, they are ignorant of many things.  I don't like them cooking for me because I don't think they know the rules of sanitariness that most Westerners accept as common sense.  I am scared of them giving something to Tony.  My nightmare is that they take Tony to their countryside home which is as disgusting a place to live as I have ever seen in the world.

The pangs of separation and the doubts about the in-laws coalesced this afternoon as the Wife sobbingly told me that she could not contact her parents on the phone.  She had been talking to them when the phone suddenly cut off.  She then tried to phone them fifty times only to not have them answer, and so she panicked.  She phoned me and wanted me to go home from work and see what was up.  Thankfully, I knew someone in the apartment building who could visit the apartment directly and save me having to rush home for no reason.  But the in-laws should have had enough common sense to always be near a phone in case my wife phoned.  I chide them when I get home or at least my fist at them since we can't say much to each other.

No comments: