Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tests

Tony, his grandmother and I had some tests done today to see if we have TB.  The grandmother and I had chest X-rays done.   Our X-rays looked fine and did not show anything, so hopefully now only my wife is sick.  All three of us did a PPD test which means having a needle stuck into you.  Tony screamed when he was given the needle but quickly got over it.  We won't get the results of the PPD test for three days.  But with the good X-ray, I think I am in the clear.  As for Tony, who has a little cough (that may have nothing to do with TB), we will have to cross our fingers till the PPD results come.

I have to say Tony has stood up pretty well in the two days he has been separated from his mother.  His reaction to the PPD needle was less than I expected.  Last night, he went to asleep at 930 PM and slept straight till 430 AM.  He got seven hours of sleep; so did I.

My wife is taking the separation from Tony very hard.  She feels guilty about having TB.  She has told me that she would never forgive herself if Tony had it.

No comments: