Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shopping at Wuxi Carrefour on a Thursday Night. Uniform flap continued.

Never again, I say.  Never again, will I go to Carrefour in the evening or on the weekend.  It is just too bleeping crowded.  You would think it was Christmas last night or something but in fact it was just an ordinary evening in Wuxi.  The lineups at the checkout went  into the shopping aisles.  It was impossible to turn around.  Last night, I got to the end of the dairy aisle and found myself with a difficult choice.  I could either stay in the checkout lineup I had inadvertently joined or try and turn around and go back down  the crowded aisle  in order to get to the fruit and bread sections.   I choose the former option and got the hell out.

 

I think everyone will eventually fall in place, at least in my department, on the dress code.  Most of the trainers are starting to wear ties.  The trainer, raised on hip-hop, however does not want to.

 

The wife is going to the New apartment today with Tony and her father.  She had an emotional breakdown yesterday and I was treated to the sight of her wailing and Tony wailing, in absolute fear.  I was in part responsible for this because I got mad at her when she got mad at me for some gaffe I did.  Although truly what I did sparked some resentments she had built up toward me.  She is having a hard time looking after both Tony and the New apartment.  I will have to do more but it is hard to take Tony away from her because it is so natural in some situations that she take him.    Blogging I won't give up because it keeps me sane.  My wife does have to give me slack on a few things because I am isolated having a family in a foreign setting.  I will have to endure her outbursts.  Women are emotional - there is no way around it.  I am lazy in my own way - there is no way around that either.

 

For lunch today, I had a tuna sandwich, which I could buy at a nearby bakery for 7 rmb, and a package of microwave popcorn.  I haven't been eating well  since I got married.  But that is because I had surrendered the kitchen to my wife when we got married and I can't figure out her system of doing things.  Like Chinese writing, many of her ways are so foreign to me that it would take years of concentrated study to learn them. 

No comments: