Sunday, March 23, 2008

Just another day. Podcasts/Talk Radio

My next day off will be Saturday which means I am going to be working about eight days in a row.  Who is your boss?  you ask.  Me.

I am happy it is just another day in the apartment.  The wife is here and we are trying to do our thing.  I have ironed my clothes, had two cups of tea, read the essential blogs and am now making this entry.  She is looking after Tony.  I am doing laundry.  I couldn't be happier.  I really appreciate my wife after her three week absence.

On the weekend, I download podcasts to listen to on my phone.  Having radio to listen to, even if it is a week after the fact keeps me sane.  Talk radio was an obsession of mine when I was in Canada.  When I was living near Vancouver, B.C., I always had a field day because I could get all sorts of talk radio from both sides of the U.S.-Canada border, including Rush Limbaugh.  I first encountered Rush on his short-lived TV show which I could watch on cable TV in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  I could hear replays of his show late at night when I could receive American radio signals.  But it was not until I was in British Columbia, that I could listen to Rush live.

Now in Wuxi, I can listen to Hugh Hewitt, John Derbyshire, Shire Network News and Denis Prager on my mobile phone.  I can get programs trashing China for what they are doing in Tibet.  I even play them in public because I know the Chinese won't understand and because the Chinese air is so fouled with pollution that a breeze of freedom is necessary and refreshing.

No comments: