Friday, March 14, 2008

Getting Tony to fall asleep on his own.

Part of the reason my wife is in the hospital is that she tired herself out.  She was looking after Tony and the decorating of our new apartment.  She got into the bad habit of letting Tony fall asleep in her arms.  I am trying to break that habit and have had some success.

Last night, I got Tony to fall asleep at 1000 PM.  He woke up this morning at 730 AM.  I only had to feed him at 300 AM.  To accomplish this goal, I have to go to sleep when Tony does which means no more watching t.v. or playing on the computer when I get home.  Around 900 PM, it is lights out in the bedroom.  I play with Tony in the dark, I give him a bottle and then I wait him out.  Last night, he babbled for an hour before I fed him.  He then just about fell asleep.  He staged a counter-offensive against sleep for about 10 minutes before he finally conked out.  I did nothing but listen to him as I lay beside him.

Hopefully, the wife will no more being holding him at midnight trying to get him to fall asleep.

No comments: