Friday, January 12, 2024

6:28 AM View


 I was awake at the usual time this morning but because it wa a Saturday, I arose a little later.

I find Spanish pronoun use confusing.  Possibly this is because, from French, I think of “le” and “la” and “les” as being used for things, not people; but in Spanish they are. I’m probably not totally up on whether the pronouns are direct or indirect as well.  And in English, they don’t place pronouns before verbs..,  I’ll get the hang of it before I die I hope.

I wasn’t very alert yesterday.  All I wanted to do while proctoring exams yesterday was go home and relax.  I was zoned about time and syllabus codes as I proctored.  But that wasn’t the worst of it.  I went home and saw that the dishes, I used yesterday to make Tony some fried hash browned potatoes, needed to be washed, so I turned on the hot water in the kitchen sink.  I next loaded  the laundry into the washing machine.  I then sat down and listened to a podcast.  I made yesterday’s late blog entry.  I then heard what I thought were weird plopping sounds from the washing machine.  I didn’t think anything of it for a minute but then I saw water on the floor.  I had forgotten about the sink and the dishes!  It took me an hour to clean the mess, but the floor is shiny clean at least.  But what a way of putting me in my place.  Some things about me won’t change.  I got that George Bush, Barack Obama without tele prompter, tendency to make malapropisms and to be absent minded as I put too many delete things to do on my plate.

I was listening to a podcast, before I realized my lapse in attention, about Trump’s prospects in 2024.  The Democrats have set up the legal system with biased judges who ignore due process and are dead determined on taking Trump off the ballot.  If that actually happens, one can only hope that real Americans will stage not just a protest, but actively fight the people and the powers that think it was a good idea to deny democrats half the population in the name of democracy.

Yesterday, I got a video of the fast train running near our school.  Here’s the link:  https://youtube.com/shorts/Wa9JFSOVZWg?si=Jjuc46wb_SIf6dxX



No comments: