Thursday, January 25, 2024

2:45 PM View


 I took the above photo from the more or less same place that I took this morning’s view photo.  You can see that the sky has become gray.

I am at the window sill of our bedroom.  I can relax here (you can see a video of this on my YouTube channel: @wuxiandis) and hunch over my English textbooks as I prepare for the second term.  I can listen to a podcast or watch traffic if I need to think or daydream.

And what am I thinking about?  Will the kids be able to handle the material?  Will Texas spark a second US civil war?  Can the Chiefs beat the Ravens?  What to do this weekend?  Is it worth the bother to try to make friends?  Is the light traffic I see at the Malls a bad sign for the Chinese economy?  Can the Lions and 49ers both lose the championship game?  Is there hope for a kind of Gonzo Journalism? Who can I persuade?  Will I see anyone this holiday?


No comments: