Saturday, February 14, 2009

What I did do for Valentine's Day.

The wife told me I didn't have to but I did anyway. I bought her some chocolate. I bought her a simple bag of Hershey's Kisses not wanting to splurge on those V-Day gift packs that are over-priced and not full of chocolate. At Nanchang market, I was able to find two hear-shaped balloons on my second trip - Tony got a big laugh out of them.


I meet a person who described himself as a Christian - the first one I have encountered in Wuxi and the first since I left Canada. He told me that Wuxi is actually conducting a religious-freedom experiment for China. Other places in China, he told me, have tighter restrictions on going to Church. In Wuxi, you can go to a multi-national service though it is monitored by the authorities. So there is religious freedom here, sort of.

No comments: