Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dismal Day, Weather Wise.

It is a dismal day weather wise. It is raining and so I feel cold in a damp way. Things are slow at the school adding to my feeling of impotence or lethargy. I'll keep plugging away.

Unthinkingly, I wished all the local staff a happy Chinese New Year. I should have just said Happy New Year. Although when I dropped into a local Expat pub before the Spring Festival, foreigners wishing me a happy year confused me. "Which New Year?" I said to myself.

I have embarked on a quest to find size 46 shoes in Wuxi. All my footwear is worn in some way that back in Canada would have meant tossing them in the garbage. Here, I have to keep wearing them.

I watched the Super Bowl on computer and local Chinese t.v. The ending was interesting. But I wondered why the defences of Champion teams would fold so in the final quarter.

I will be doing an English Corner about adventure. I have had trouble thinking of ways to keep the conversation going.

No comments: