Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Size 12 (46) and Size 13(47) shoes.

In the basement of the Chongan Market in Downtown Wuxi, I was able to find shoes that fit me. The shoes seem to be the most comfortable and perfect-fitting I have ever found in China. The reason for this was that the clerk gave me a size 12 for my left foot and a size 13 for my right. I had always lamented, till this afternoon, that it would be nice if I could somehow purchase a different size shoe for each of my feet. I have often tried on pairs of shoes that were either too big for the left foot or too small for the right.


A student I talked to this afternoon told me that Chinese television made mention of the Wen Jiabao shoe throwing incident. Since there was no way the government could hush the story, the government t.v. tried to turn it into a public relations coup by showing Grandpa Wen saying that the incident would have no effect on the relations between Britain and China.


The fridge is filled with beer; pineapple beer that is.

No comments: